August 30, 2017

Birds and Reminders



We have been fortunate in Virginia. We've had beautiful sunny skies and occasional just-in-time rain. Everything is green and pretty!

Some rain is expected this weekend as remnants of the hurricane float this way, but nothing serious. I've been watching in horror as the Houston area has suffered serious damage with flooding worse than anything in their recorded history.  Meanwhile people in several far-away countries are also dealing with terrible floods. I'm afraid this is just the beginning of these disasters.

I have donated to a couple of charities providing hurricane relief through Paypal.

Unrelated to all that, I want to remind my fellow Daily Photo bloggers that the September theme for CDP is Photographing the Photographer. I have a number of shots that fit that topic. I live in an area popular with tourists, and of course they take pictures like this man is doing with his cell phone.

A Family on Skyline Drive

11 comments:

  1. A friendly get together for a refreshing drink, "I'll meet you at the fountain". Nice CDP preview. I have to go and search for one today, hopefully I'll get lucky.
    Have a wonderful day Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, love the pretty sky shots. I heard our weather may be rainy this weekend. Just in time for the Labor Day holiday. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky to have a uneventful summer. Here in Oregon we have so many wildfires burning that our air quality in in the "unhealthy" category. Although I wouldn't want the amount of rain Texas has received, I sure wish we'd get some precip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some rain. We are near a national forest and the idea of wildfires is pretty scary!

      Delete
  4. The birds are a delight, as is your sneak peek at the theme. I'm set for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just helped load water and cleaning supplies in 2 semis to send down

    ReplyDelete
  6. Por aqui também as chuvas castigam, amei a linha de pássaros.

    bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bird shots. The devastation in Texas from the floods is so horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely set of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pics! Thanks for sharing! HAPPY LABOR DAY!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.