April 26, 2017

Wednesday, UVA Medical Center


Yesterday I drove to Charlottesville again because my older daughter was in the UVA Medical Center. I had to park on the top level of the parking garage, where I spied this little bird. (Sometimes I think that if my mom wanted me to know she is with me, she would show up as a bird!)

The medical center is huge and has a number of pedestrian bridges connecting buildings. Since it was raining, I took advantage of one and crossed to the hospital without getting wetter than I already was. (Not only had I parked in the rain, but earlier I had gotten quite wet while filling the car with gas.)

I waited for what seemed like a long time while Lynn was in surgery.

Her stay in the hospital had been stressful. There were mix-ups on her medication that she had to straighten out several times. And basically she was there because of complications from a mastectomy she had a month ago in a different hospital. She was anxious to go home and take care of her pets, although a friend had been doing the basics of providing them with food and water.


But the surgery went smoothly and eventually she was strong enough to go home. Here an RN is going over the discharge instructions.

She is doing okay now but there will be follow-ups with her doctor.


10 comments:

  1. Linda, I'm glad your daughter is doing better. Does she have to undergo further treatments? I have two cousins who had mastectomies more than a year ago and had to do rounds of chemo. It seems more and more women are in need of this surgery than I ever recall in past years or maybe I'm just noticing it since it's affecting people I know. Saying prayers for your daughter and you! Thanks for visiting. Sending hugs your way, my friend!

    ~Curious as a Cathy
    Art Sketching Through the Alphabet “V” (Violin & Victorian Women)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. We don't know yet whether she will need further treatment. Her doctor may recommend radiation depending on test results.

      Delete
  2. Sound like a tough road for both of you,hope she heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospitals are never any fun for either the patient or those who must wait for them. I'm glad your daughter got to go home. I'm sure she will rest better there in her own familiar surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing your daughter a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the recovery goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I will keep your daughter in my prayers. I hope she has no further complications. Sending my get well wishes. I would like to come back as a bird. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, also, wish your daughter a quick recovery with no further complications. I will keep you both in my thoughts. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of your daughter and wishing her a full and speedy recovery ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.