October 30, 2015

Scarecrows in The Plains


One day we had lunch in the town of The Plains, Virginia because I wanted to check out a new restaurant. We found that the town had a scarecrow contest and many businesses were participating.

Since My Town Shoot Out has Halloween as a theme today, I'm linking up there, and also sharing with Orange You Glad It's Friday.



Even the fire department had a scarecrow!

By the way, the restaurant we went to check out was a bit disappointing. The food was okay but the noise level made it unsuitable as a place to meet Frank's daughter for lunch and conversation. Also, the menu was very limited, especially considering my food allergies. They did have a little message (pictured below) about allergens which would have seemed funnier if I had found enough to eat there.
Click to Make the Image Larger

5 comments:

  1. Those are some clever and creative scarecrows. You look cute peeking out of the cut-out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fire fighter one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great scarecrows and spooks here ...
    I'm not counting you as a scarecrow or spook LOL!

    ... shame about the menu !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great scarecrows here ... shame about the menu !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat shots...even the attractive, smiling witch. Is it me, or is Halloween becoming more and more popular? [which is fine with me]

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.