October 22, 2012

Along the South Fork


These first two pictures are from a September visit to Shenandoah River State Park. The last one is from a visit in October, when we took Frank's brother to see the park.

I have been going to Virginia's state parks all my life and I am so glad our state has preserved these natural areas and made them visitor-friendly.



Marie visited many of our fine state parks when she was working on The Best in Tent Camping: Virginia. (Disclosure: If you buy a book from Amazon through my link, I get a small credit toward a future purchase.)

See also my 2006 post, 70th Anniversary of Virginia State Parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.