April 23, 2011

A View from the Window Seat

Personally, I enjoy sitting next to a window on a plane. However, my husband likes sitting next to the aisle because that gives him a little extra elbow room. If we are to sit together, one of us ends up in the undesirable middle seat.

In spite of my love for having a view, I've learned that the window seat comes with a disadvantage on long flights: you can't get up and move around without inconveniencing a stranger. If that stranger happens to be asleep when you need to make a trip to the restroom, you have to either bother him by waking him or bother yourself by waiting for an indefinite period of time.

So on our flights in March, I only reserved the window seat on the short flight from Long Beach to Seattle. On the long flights, I compressed myself into the middle seat and let Frank enjoy the extra inches of being on the aisle. It worked out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.