April 15, 2011

Notes on Our Recent Flights

Our vacation in March combined two destinations: Southern California and Tacoma, WA. In both places we visited relatives and did some sightseeing.

Making the plane reservations was a challenge because we wanted good rates AND convenient flights. In the end, I used two airlines: JetBlue for DC to Long Beach and Long Beach to Seattle, and Southwest for Seattle to DC.

I hadn't flown Southwest before but have flown JetBlue several times. I like JetBlue! We've enjoyed good service on their flights and the planes have amenities like TV and music.

I was less impressed with Southwest. There were fewer amenities (no TV or music) and the snacks were more limited; nothing wheat-free for me! (JetBlue has plain cashews and blue potato chips which I can enjoy.) Even Southwest's peanuts had a coating that I couldn't have eaten, although I generally don't eat peanuts anyway. Of course, I carried some allergy-safe snacks with me so I didn't go hungry.

This was before Southwest had the hole-in-the-roof incident or I might not have considered them as an option. They do offer a senior rate which Frank took advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.