March 19, 2010

One Last Ski Slope Picture

Bryce Resort, Virginia

The ski season is finally over; spring has arrived. I opened this photo yesterday in order to try out a Photoshop plug-in which is supposed to eliminate "noise" from digital images. Skies are my biggest noise problem, and from what I've read are often a challenge as far as showing digital noise. When I zoom in on the sky in a picture I often see blocky blotchy areas especially toward the upper corners of the image.

The plug-in did not perform very well on this sky. Neither did the "noise reduction" filter or "dust and scratches." Finally I smoothed out the blues by selecting the sky using the "magic wand," creating a new layer as a copy of the selection, and saturating it just enough that the blotches faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.