January 27, 2010

View through the Banister

Early yesterday I looked out and saw deer browsing in front of the house. I tried to take still pictures but the light was too dim. I got readings of half a second and a full second, and even if I had hauled out a tripod, the animals movement would have blurred the image. I decided to see if the video feature on the camera would work better.
By this time, one of the deer had disappeared across the road. The deer I see in our yard regularly are in a family group of three. The third one hadn't showed up yet, but he was not far behind. When I walked Benny about ten minutes later, the deer were still nearby. Ben was busy sniffing the ground and did not see them. I guess he saw them in his own way, through his nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.