March 15, 2009

The North End of Massanutten Mountain

Seen Near Middletown, VA
view of mountain and treesThe Massanutten Range splits the Shenandoah Valley between the Front Royal/Strasburg area and McGaheysville, Virginia.  It also separates the North and South Forks of the Shenandoah River, which join together near Front Royal. 

I was on my way home from Front Royal late one afternoon when I took this picture.

I've mentioned Massanutten Mountain several times on this blog - here's a different view.

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo. I grew up in the Valley, and I miss those views so much. Great to see your thoughtful photos and writing...

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.