January 24, 2009

Tip for Mac Blogspot Users

I have two browsers that I use on my Mac, Firefox and Safari. Both are said to be more secure than IE. They each have their advantages for editing my blog.

Firefox lets me resize pictures by grabbing a corner of the image (using the mouse) and pulling it in diagonally until I have the size I want. For some reason, I can't do this using Safari.

On the other hand, Safari makes it easy to correct an entry while looking at the blog. Once I've signed in, a little pencil icon appears at the bottom of each entry. Clicking on it takes me pencildirectly to the Edit screen. This saves time when I want to edit more than one entry, such as when some change in the template made a bunch of my images go off the right side of the page. I can control-click (that's right-click on a PC) on the icon and open the edit screen in a new window while keeping the blog open on the old window so I don't lose my place. Also, if I add a new tag, the pencil shortcut makes it faster to page through and add the tag where appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.