January 29, 2009

Shoulder Surgery Scheduled

I am scheduled to have surgery to repair the torn shoulder tendon in mid-February. I'm not looking forward to it but will be glad to get the chance to start healing. The shoulder hurts in the morning when I wake up, and of course the arm is weak all the time.

The doctor thinks that I probably injured the shoulder playing tennis. The only time I played any tennis this year was in July. I think it re-injured it in August, maybe completing the tear, either when we practiced golf or when I was walking the dog.

Frank took the photo during that fateful tennis session.

I have a reprieve from physical therapy until after the surgery. That's a relief because going twice a week took a lot of time. The physical therapist says if I play tennis again, I need to serve underhand, not overhand.

Rotator Cuff Repair

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.