November 22, 2008

A Clock on Javins.com

I checked my site statistics for Javins.com (a site I've had a long time but haven't done much with in recent years). I learned that:
  1. Most visitors type in the URL or use a bookmark
  2. 5% of the visitors come through searching Google
  3. Less than 1% come through Yahoo and Ask Jeeves
  4. A similar number come through a blog in Spain called Bitter and Turbulent.
clock at Orsay in ParisThe fourth one surprised me. I checked it out and found out that the writer linked to this clock picture that I posted in 2000 after our trip to Paris.

The giant clock is on the exterior wall of the Musée D'Orsay but I photographed it from the inside. The Musée D'Orsay is a wonderful place, once an ornate train station and now an art museum.

By the way, I checked on what folks are finding on my pages through Google and many of them are looking for Harpers Ferry and John Brown's Raid. I need to redo that page and move it to CivilWarFieldTrips.com. In the meantime, here's a view of Harper's Ferry (below) taken from Maryland Heights. The walk up to the lookout point is fairly steep so even though I'd like to redo that shot on a sunny day, I doubt that I'll force myself up that trail to do it.

Harpers Ferry, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.