July 27, 2008

Frank at the lake, Peaks of Otter

Abbott Lake is a wonderfully peaceful place at dusk. We were glad to be spending a night there.

However, before you rush to reserve a room at Peaks of Otter Lodge, let me warn you: There is no phone, TV, radio, or internet in the regular guest rooms. We did not even get a cell phone signal!

Within walking distance is a restaurant and gift shop building which has a lounge with a TV and phone, so you are not totally without communications.

Our room was comfortable so I can recommend it as long as the lack of internet access doesn't send you into withdrawal. (To me, not having television is a pleasant change.)

The restaurant has a nice view of the lake. I was disappointed in the food because my prime rib came saturated in black pepper. Since I am allergic to pepper and it was cooked in it, I had to return it. I had turkey instead, which was the real thing (not deli turkey) although it was a bit saltier than I like. The service was a little slow but the staff was friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.