April 14, 2008

Field Trips Scheduled for May 2008

Registration is open for the 2008 summer session at Northern Virginia Community College and I see that Prof. Poland's Civil War Field Trips will be held on May 16, 17, and 18. The topic is The Burning of the Shenandoah Valley 1864.

You can see photos I posted from that topic when we covered it in 1996 at Fisher's Hill and Cedar Creek.

Wow, that was 12 years ago! Long before I moved to Shenandoah County... it was even before I met Frank!

And now I see the sights of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley every time we leave Bryce Mountain to shop or run errands. Often I vary our route just to see the sights. Today we saw lambs, llamas, horses, goats, and of course cows enjoying the brilliant green grass of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.