March 19, 2008

Pond Photo, Not 100% Realistic

Pond at Shrine Mont, Orkney Springs


green pond
Another P-shopt image: This picture looked dull. The pond was a dull yellow-green and the surroundings had no contrast because the sky was overcast. Some experimenting in Photoshop brightened everything up.

To start, I made a copy of the background layer for experimenting. That way I can lessen the effect or multiply using layer blending choices. I multiplied the colors here, as you can probably tell. I added a dry brush filter and sandstone texture - hard to see that with this little picture, but I have a 5 MB version that I'll have printed. Don't know if I'll like it enough to hang on the wall; I have an awful lot of enlargements already. Maybe one day I'll sell some at a local crafts show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.