August 17, 2007

Browsing local books

Yesterday we drove to Harrisonburg and Frank wanted to shop at Books-a-Million. I browsed the regional book section and came across a colorful book called Shenandoah National Park - Simply Beautiful. The authors were Ann and Rob Simpson who teach at Lord Fairfax Community College. I took a photography course that Rob taught and he is an outstanding nature photographer.

I continued browsing and on the adjacent shelf was The Best in Tent Camping: Virginia, 2nd edition by Rob Porter and Marie Javins. Later I spied another copy of this book in the travel section. (For those who don't know, Marie is my daughter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.