November 13, 2006

Looking for the plane crash story?

If you are looking for news about the small plane crash here in Basye, check out WHSV.com. That Harrisonburg station had the story on the news last night. I imagine that soon it will be on the other news sites serving Virginia. Sadly, the pilot was killed. This happened Saturday (Nov. 11, 2006) around 4:30 pm.

My site stats show that people are hitting my blog looking for this story. I guess that's because I have the words Bryce Resort, Basye, Shenandoah, airport, and plane elsewhere on this blog.

small airplanesThis is a picture of the airport that I took a few years ago. The airport here is very small - a landing strip near the golf course, daylight only. We watched a sports plane take off Saturday afternoon and now I wonder if it was the same one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.