July 12, 2006

More on Lexington


Last month I wrote a couple of entries on Lexington, Virginia. Someone asked what I thought of the town as a place to live. I think Lexington is a lovely town and has a lot to offer. It is a college town, rich in history, situated in a pretty area. Nearby shopping seems adequate. I've known a couple of people who moved there from Northern Virginia because it seems like a nice place to retire.

So far the urban mish-mash of growth that ruins many towns has not overcome it's small-town charm. Lexington is located next to the intersection of I-81 and I-64 and is convenient to Staunton, Roanoke, and Lynchburg.

P.S. The picture above right is a house for sale in Lexington. We looked at the outside. The yardwork could keep you busy for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.